Wednesday 9 April 2014

Meeting 1 (Week 1 & 2)


Meeting 1 : Research Topic (EDU702)

 
Assalamualaikum wbt,

     A very good day to everyone (hopefully). I'm not a good blogger obviously that it took me this long to actually update and start my blog. But nevertheless, I started the engine and here I am....trying my best.
     I actually decided on a lot of things; I am extremely excited on doing Reading Logs to my kids, but after some discussion of pros and cons with a friend of mine, I decided to drop it down. finding ideas from the ICELTS conferences last year, I found a lot of interesting topic to choose......but, I finally settled down on hot to maintain (or sustain) and even motivate kids in the ESL classrooms.
     This is purely based on my own experience. It might be because I lacked experience with kids and not to mention that their attentions span is considerably shorter than others, I'm trying my best to find out ways to optimize the time I have with them in the class.

      I think this is pretty true, as I myself had a hard time, convincing myself to try my best. Let it be in terms of writing, work, interest nor passion and goals in life, I think everyone should try their best (and effort) to produce something. Thus, I believed that maybe if the kids don't have any motivation whatsoever entering my class, I would be the one to provide that.
     There are different kinds of motivation; whether it is intrinsic or extrinsic. I have yet to find out which one I would be able to try and experiment with my own kids, but judging from their age (around 5-10 years old), I believed this age are more towards extrinsic. Something easy, I believed. But my concerns focus more on the older ones (secondary school). I need help in this, and I'm going to find out how.

A motivation for myself (I severely need one!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment