Tuesday 27 May 2014

Meeting 4 (Week 7 & 8)


Meeting 4: Comparing Qualitative and Quantitative Research (and I forgot about Theorotical Framework)

          I am not feeling well, but anyway, it was not an excuse not to write the reflections from the class, right. So, I remember that Dr. Teoh gave us a paper, of theoretical framework. I would prefer to be honest, as I only started to understand the importance of learning research method and the purpose and steps in doing research. And yes, I had decided that I am going to change my research proposal topic. Mainly because of the reason that, I was able to understand on how to conduct. Got confused a bit with Qualitative and Quantitative Research. Mine would be qualitative then, since I am going to investigate the effectiveness of implementing blended learning in ESL learning. I will take into account of the students’ and teacher’s perspective.
 
Table 1 : Comparing Qualitative and Quantitative Research (Extracted from http://shayaaresearch.blogspot.com/2011/04/qualitative-vs-quantitative-research-v.html at 28/05/2014, 11:38 a.m.)
 
 
          Since I decided to choose blended learning as my research proposal, I had very rough ideas on what directions I am going to take this research proposal to. Blended learning as we know, are about combining the traditional way of teaching (teacher centred) and the newly formed way of teaching, which focus mainly on the online activities (CD Rom, social networking, PC and etc.) Of course, using one method in conducting the teaching in class; can be a bit boring and unproductive. And we should as well cope up with the new generation that is highly dependent on technology and social networking. its like killing to birds with one stone. Further explanations on my research proposal will be explained in the later entry.
 
Figure 1: A very brief description of blended learning. (Extracted from http://www.gttconnect.com/advantage_gtt_unique_methodology_blended_learning.html on 28/05/14 at 11: 46)
 
         

No comments:

Post a Comment