Tuesday 27 May 2014

Meeting 5 (Week 9 & 10)

Meeting 5 : My breakfast, the Quiz
Assalamualaikum and a very good day everyone…..this is Kin, reporting from home. I nearly forgot to write this reflection, but since I somehow managed to remember what happened on the day, so…here I am. It was a very good morning indeed, with Dr. Teoh all smiles coming to the class. Some of the friends were a bit late, but I came to the class feeling happy, with no reason actually. Dr. Teoh said that she needed to attend something; a celebration f I am not mistaken. But before she left, she discussed about sample of research questions and the difference between the clear and unclear version of a research questions; in conjunctions to our Task 2; I assumed. I quite get it when she explained in the class, but somehow after going back home, I feel like going back to square one.
Moving on, we were left with a questionnaire and some papers as our ‘breakfast’ for the day, while waiting for her to come back from the events. We were given questions on Chapter 15 and 16, and I tried answering them. But of course, I am definitely not proud with my results. Obviously, I have not been reading the book. But at least, its not a chicken egg,
Another set of papers were about Quantitative Research (experimental, single-subject design, correlational and also causal-comparative), as well as reliability, and validity. Validity can be separated to face validity, content validity, criterion validity, concurrent validity and also construct validity.
          I am terribly worried about my research proposal actually. I have the general idea of course, but upon starting to write the research proposal, I find it hard to continue and to actually gain ideas and drive for it. I am actually thinking on how to motivate students to think critically, such as how to induce it. I was thinking on how they normally generate their ideas. I was also planning on getting insights from the mentors/ or language instructors in my working place. But somehow, upon starting reading a lot of journals, I got confused. Very very confused. I am still trying my best to write, again. Not much progress yet, but I am looking at the bright side.
P.S. I really need to start my engine and study. I am not fond of repeating any subject. And I have every intention to excel in all the subjects. Oh Allah, give me guidance to go on. I can do it!!
Figure 1 : My notes on Validity (very important!!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment